The City of Robstown Health Department offers numerous services for the benefit and safety of our community. Our mission is to protect and promote the safety and well-being of our citizens in Robstown.
Food Establishment Section : Food Safety is a key element to protecting public health and preventing the spread of food-borne illnesses. To ensure the safety of food in our city we work in partnership with the operators and employees of food service establishments. Food establishments should be inspected twice a year. If unable to be inspected at this frequency, then inspections will be prioritized by risk. Employees who handle food are trained as food handlers; food managers are certified in the safe preparation and storage of food. All food service providers must obtain the necessary permits and pay the required fees before commencing operations. Our municipality follows TEXAS FOOD ESTABLISHMENT RULES (TFER-25 TAC Chapter 229.161-229.171, 229.173-229.175) as well as local guidelines during our food establishment inspections.
Other services provided and/or handled by the Health Department Food establishment section are:
- Foster Care, Child-Care, & Adult Care Inspections (no fee)
- Health & Food Vendor Permits (fee required)
- Wholesalers Permits (fee required)
- Retail Permits (fee required)
- Temporary Permits (fee required)
- Mobile Units (fee required)
Vector Control Section:
- Federal, State and local government agencies play a critical role in protecting public health from mosquito borne diseases. They serve on the front line, providing information through their outreach programs to the medical and environmental surveillance networks that first identify possible outbreaks. They also manage the mosquito control programs that carry out prevention, public education and vector population management.
- Certain Federal, State and Local criteria’s must be met before the city can spray for mosquitoes. When such criteria’s are met the city will start spraying for mosquitoes-weather permitting. The public’s role in eliminating potential breeding habitats for mosquitoes—such as getting rid of any standing water around home, as well as keeping your property clean of debris and high weeds/grass—is a critical step in reducing the risk of mosquito-borne disease transmission. In the mean time, we encouraged the public to make sure window screens and screen doors are in good repair. When venturing into areas with high mosquito populations, the public should wear personal protection such as long sleeve shirts and long pants, preferably treated with a repellent. People should use mosquito repellents when necessary, and always follow label instructions.
- NOTE: THIS OFFICE GETS SEVERAL CALLS RELATED TO MEDICAL HEALTH ISSUES WHICH WE ARE UNABLE TO HANDLE IN THIS OFFICE. ALL MEDICAL ISSUE REGARDING: VACCINATIONS AND/OR MEDICAL TESTS, MUST CALL THE NUECES COUNTY HEALTH CLINIC AT (361) 387-5241.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT FOOD VENDOR PERMIT FEE SCHEDULE
Food Dealer’s Permits
Number of Employees:
More than 18: $100.00
Wholesaler’s permit: $75.00.
Jobber’s /Temporary Permit: $50.00/yr.
Mobile units: $30.00.
Beer & Wine on Premise: $87.50
Beer & Wine off Premise: $30.00
Beer with Packaging only: $37.50
Dance Hall Permit: $300.00
Late Hours: $125.00
Late Fees: $25.00
PEST CONTROL COMPANIES
A& M PEST CONTROL
Alice Pest Control
Elite Exterminating Inc.
Perm Grass Services
Town & Country
City Of Robstown-Vector Control*
361-387-4589 ext. 129
Corpest Service, Inc.
Esparza Pest Patrol
Home Garden Pest Control
San Patricio County
All these companies charge a fee so please get estimate from several companies
*City of Robstown Vector Control is restricted by Law to perform vector control duties on private property. City can only service City owned properties