Amanda (Mandy) Barrera
A native of Robstown, Texas
As a dedicated Elected Official, Mandy has participated in many areas of community needs with projects including Economic Development, Industrial and Manufacturing, Affordable Housing, Job Creation, Foreign Investments, Youth Recreational Facilities, Educational Programs, Private and Public Infrastructure, Public Utilities, Public Administration, Real Estate, and Municipal Government Facilities.
While balancing the professional occupations and political duties, the Mayor devotes her expertise in providing assistance to the non-profit corporations of the city. As a participant in many community fundraising events, benefits for victims of various causes and academic competitive events; Mandy also contributes and donates to charitable causes that impact the welfare and health of the citizens of Robstown. Above all priorities, Mandy enjoys the company of her family and friends.
- Graduate of Robstown High School Class of 1987
- Graduate of Del Mar College in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Texas A & M Corpus Christi
- Master of Science – Secondary Education – Texas A & M Corpus Christi
- Texas A & M Principal Certification
- Alumni – International Business Fraternity (Delta Sigma Phi)
- 2018 – Present: 21st Century Program Director, Mathis I.S.D.
- 2004 – 2018: Business Education, Instructor, Robstown High School
- 2004 – Present: Business Education, Instructor, Robstown High School
- 2001 – 2004: Paralegal, Law Offices of Jerry Guerra, P.C.
- 2001 – Present: Small Business Owned Restaurant, Barrera’s Fried Chicken
- Appointed Council Member #3 September 8, 2003 (unexpired term)
- Elected Council Member Place #3 2005 – 2015
- Elected Mayor 2015 – Present
Political Board Summary:
- Robstown Improvement Development Corporation (RIDC – 4B Sales Tax)
- Robstown EB-5 and RUS Board
- UIL Accounting Sponsor for Robstown ISD
- Robstown Housing Finance Corporation Board Member