Mayor Gilbert Gomez was born and raised in Robstown, TX. He has six siblings, two of which have passed on. Growing up his parents were migrants and the family traveled throughout Texas working in the fields. Mayor Gomez attended Effie Hutto Elementary (San Pedro Elementary), Seale Jr. High, and is a three year graduate of Robstown High School, class of 1978.
He is married to Antonia “Toni” Limon Gomez and together they have two children, Gilbert Jr. and Angela Marie. They have two granddaughters and one on the way. Mayor Gomez served the Robstown Community in the Robstown Police Department for 32 years before retiring. During that time he served as Chief of Police for 5 1/2 years.
“I decided to run for Mayor because I believe in our town and the people of Robstown. I represent all of the people of Robstown regardless of political views. I am committed to making Robstown a better place to live in and I work hard everyday to make this happen as your full-time Mayor. I know that great things are ahead for our community and I ask for our citizens help to make this happen.”
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice, cum laude — Delmar College
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice, with honors — Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- Master Peace Officers License, Texas Commission on Law Enforcement
- St. Mary’s Mission Parishioner and Mission’s representative
- Sociedad Guadalupana member
- St. Anthony’s Finance Committee member
- Elected Mayor December 2019 – Present
Mayor Gilbert Gomez